Are you looking for the best sealer to protect your concrete curbing from weathering, fading, and staining?
Look no further! There are a multitude of sealers on the market, but only one stands out as the most reliable and long-lasting – epoxy sealers. Epoxy sealers provide superior protection for concrete curbing, protecting them from UV rays, water damage, and more.
Not only does it protect against wear and tear, but it also adds a beautiful sheen to your curbing that will last years. Its ease of application makes it ideal for both DIYers and professional contractors alike.
Read on to learn more about why epoxy sealer is the best option for protecting your concrete curbing!
Chart of the Best Sealer for Concrete Curbing
Discussion on the Best Sealer for Concrete Curbing
1. Black Diamond Stoneworks Wet Look Natural Stone Sealer
When you want your surfaces looking glossy and pristine, you can’t go wrong with Black Diamond Stoneworks Wet Look Natural Stone Sealer. This versatile sealer works on a variety of surfaces, including exposed aggregate, stamped concrete, colored concrete, and decorative surfaces.
You can apply it with a sprayer, brush, or roller, and it won’t darken most surfaces when it dries. Plus, it’s VOC compliant and made in the USA with a 100% money-back guarantee. Here’s the full scoop on this natural stone sealer:
- Beautiful Gloss Sealer: Get that beautiful gloss finish without having to spray water all over the place. This sealer works on exposed aggregate, stamped or colored concrete, or any decorative surface.
- Spray, Brush or Roll On When Needed: No matter what surface you need to use this sealant for – everything from concrete pavers to driveway walls – you can apply it easily with either a sprayer, brush or roller!
- Won’t Darken Most Surfaces: Don’t worry about your floors suddenly becoming darker when they dry – this sealant won’t do that once applied! So no more worries about ruining your look by accident.
- Resists Chemicals: With wet look sealers it really helps that they resist chemicals – so no more spills of oil seeping through and ruining your flooring!
- Water Based: Not only is this product VOC compliant for easy maintenance but also formulated as a water based solution – making sure it won’t damage whatever surface you need protection from.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee: Last but not least is the company’s 100% money back guarantee if you don’t like their product – so feel free to take advantage of this deal today!
- Gives surfaces a wet look and natural stone appearance
- Resists chemicals, providing protection against staining
- Easy to apply and maintain
- VOC compliant and made in the USA
2. Foundation Armor 5 GAL Armor AR350 Solvent Based Acrylic Wet Look Concrete Sealer
Want to make your concrete and pavers look like wet for a long time? Foundation Armor’s 5 GAL Armor AR350 Solvent Based Acrylic Wet Look Concrete Sealer is the perfect product for you!
This breathable, non-yellowing solvent based acrylic will darken concrete and pavers to provide a long lasting, durable low gloss finish. It’s made in the USA from non-recycled resins and is self-priming – allowing it to be applied on unsealed concrete or previously sealed surfaces with a solvent based acrylic sealer.
Plus, it helps to reduce surface abrasion such as dustring, cracking, spalling and pitting, and can last up to 1-3 years on exterior surfaces or 3-7 years on interior surfaces before requiring a recoat. Here’s the full scoop on this wet look sealant:
- Breathable Non-Yellowing: Get that “wet” look without affecting the color of your concrete or paver surface with this breathable non-yellowing solution.
- Made in USA & Non-Recycled Resins: You know you’re in good hands when this sealant is manufactured using only high quality raw materials sourced from US suppliers all processed under strict quality control.
- Self-Priming: The Armor AR350 can be applied directly onto unsealed or previously sealed surfaces with a solvent based acrylic sealer without needing any primer beforehand!
- Reduce Damage & Deterioration: With its advanced formula, the Armor AR330 can help to reduce damage and deterioration caused by surface abrasion such as dustring, cracking, spalling ,and pitting so you don’t have to worry about future repairs or replacements cost due to poor sealing job.
- Long Lasting Protection: Keep your floors looking great much longer than any other sealants out there with this product that can last up to 1-3 years on exterior surfaces or 3-7 years on interior surfaces before needing another recoat application!
- Darkens concrete and pavers to make them look wet
- Provides a long lasting, durable low gloss finish
- Non-yellowing solvent based acrylic sealer
- Self-priming – can be applied to unsealed concrete and paver surfaces
- Reduces damage and deterioration caused by surface abrasion
3. Ghostshield Siloxa-Tek 8500 Ready to Use
Ghostshield’s Siloxa-Tek 8500 is the perfect industrial-grade, water-based silane/siloxane blend for protecting concrete and masonry against deicing salts and chlorides. Not only does it reduce water ingress and moisture intrusion while resisting spalling, pitting, cracking and freeze thaw damage – but it also provides an excellent water beading effect!
Plus, with its easy application, low VOCs and no appearance change when it dries clear, you can rest assured that your surfaces are safe from both the elements and any potential damage. Here’s the full scoop on this ready to use sealant:
- Industrial-Grade Water Based Silane/Siloxane Blend: Get the very best in protection from chlorides or deicing salts with this industrial-grade solution designed specifically for concrete or masonry substrates.
- Resists Damage & Deterioration: With its advanced formula, the Siloxa-Tek 8500 can help to resist deterioration caused by surface abrasion such as dustring, cracking, spalling ,and pitting so you don’t have to worry about future repairs or replacements cost due to poor sealing job.
- Reduces Water Ingress & Moisture Intrusion: Keep your foundation strong and your house secure with this sealant that can help reduce water ingress and moisture intrusion into walls or floors – great for basement applications!
- Excellent Water Beading Effect + Easy Application : Slip ‘n’ slide all day long with this sealer that not only provides an excellent water beading effect but is also easy to apply with a sprayer, roller or brush !
- No Appearance Change / Low VOCs: No worries about any permanent changes in color or strong odors – this sealer comes in a clear formula with low VOCs so you know it won’t harm you nor your driveway!
- Covers up To 250 Sqaure Feet per Gallon Per Coat: Need lots of coverage? Don’t worry! This sealant can cover up to 250 square feet per gallon per coat – just make sure you read instructions properly before applying!
- Prevents deicing salt/chloride damage
- Resists freeze thaw damage
- Reduces water ingress and moisture intrusion
- Excellent penetration
- Easy application – dries clear
4. Rain Guard Water Sealers – Concrete Sealer
Rainguard Water Sealers’ Concrete Sealer is your go-to solution for protecting, restoring, and extending the life of your home!
Engineered with Micro-Lok technology, this premium sealant provides a long lasting protection against water ingress and moisture intrusion.
Plus, its cost-effective, concentrated formulation allows you to get more sealing done in less time with easy application on all cement surfaces!
Here’s the full scoop on Rainguard’s concrete sealer:
- Premium Concrete Sealer : Get that extra protection and extend the life of your home with this long lasting sealant designed specifically for sealing concrete substrates.
- Innovative Micro-Lok Technology: Put your mind at rest knowing that each application of this sealant is engineered with the latest innovation in sealants to provide maximum resistance against water ingress and moisture intrusion.
- Concentrated Formulation: Save not only time but also money with this cost effective concentrate that mixes into one gallon of water before use – great for large scale projects!
- Easy Application: Take out the hassle from sealing by simply spraying or brushing this sealant onto cement surfaces! No complicated preparation required beforehand either!
- Rain Guard Where Innovation Meets Sustainability: Keep our planet safe from any additional chemicals or energy consumption during production thanks to Rainguard’s commitment to sustainability and innovation in their products!
- Protect your concrete from the elements and extend its life
- Easy application – just mix with water and apply
- Concentrated formulation for an even better value
- Rain Guard company has been in business for over 40 years
5. Miracle Sealants HGFS6QT High Gloss Finish Sealer Color
Need a durable, high gloss finish sealant that’ll make your interior surfaces shine? Look no further than Miracle Sealants HGFS6QT High Gloss Finish Sealer Color!
Not only does it enhance the natural color of your floors to give your home that extra wow factor – but it also offers superior scuff and wear resistance all with low VOC, water-based, odorless formula.
Plus, this easily applied protective coating resists stains and dries quickly so you can move on with other tasks in no time at all!
Here’s the full scoop on this sealant:
- Designed to Enhance Natural Colors : Get that extra shine you’ve been dreaming of and add a touch of elegance to any room without overpowering its natural beauty – this color enhancer is perfect for floors, furniture and more!
- Low VOC & Water Based: Protect both your health and the environment – made from an odorless, low VOC water-based formula , you don’t have to worry about any dangers while using it nor potential damage to our planet.
- Excellent Coverage + Fast Drying Time: Cover up to 200 square feet per quart with a single coat – plus, get ready in less than five hours as this sealer dries quickly and efficiently so you can move on with other tasks in no time.
- UV Transparent Protective Coating Resists Stains: Sure, you want a shiny surface but even more important is having one that’s clean and protected – Rainguard’s sealer technology allows for superior stain resistance so any dirt or grime won’t stick around for long!
- High Gloss Finish That Won’t Yellow: Ensure minimal maintenance over time with this high gloss finish that won’t yellow from frequent use or exposure to direct sunlight – great for outdoor areas too!
- Enhances the natural color of interior floor surfaces
- Offers superior scuff and wear resistance
- Covers up to 200 sq. ft. per quart
- Dries to the touch in 1-5 hours
- UV transparent protective coating resists stains
- Provides a beautiful, low maintenance shine
6. MasonryDefender 1 Gallon Penetrating Concrete Sealer
Masonry Defender’s 1 Gallon Penetrating Concrete Sealer is your go-to solution for keeping concrete surfaces looking new and protected!
This powerful sealant bonds with the minerals in concrete and masonry to provide long-lasting water protection.
Plus, it’s easy to apply – just make sure the surface is clean and clear of any dirt, dust, grease, oil, efflorescence, etc. before applying! And with a 3 year limited warranty on horizontal concrete surfaces, you can rest assured that your investment is protected. Here’s the full scoop on this sealant:
- Clear Protection : Keep your concrete surfaces looking great for years to come with this invisible coat that provides long-lasting protection.
- Water Repellent: Repel water and protect your investment with this water-based eco-friendly silane/siloxane sealer.
- Powerful Concrete Sealer: Stop pitting and cracking in its tracks with this Masonry Defender sealer that will keep your driveway or other concrete surfaces looking new.
- Easy to Apply: Make sure the surface is clean and then simply apply the sealer for best results!
- 3 Year Limited Warranty: Have peace of mind knowing that your purchase is backed by a 3 year limited warranty on horizontal concrete surfaces.
- Protect your concrete driveway and surfaces with a penetrating sealer
- Clear, water repellent sealant that bonds with the minerals in concrete
- Easy to apply and provides long lasting protection against weathering
- 3 year warranty on horizontal concrete surfaces
7. DOMINATOR SG+ Clear Acrylic Sealer
Want to seal your concrete pavers and other surfaces but don’t want to break the bank and deal with smelly odors?
Check out DOMINATOR SG+! This eco-friendly sealant bonds with your surface, providing weather resistance and protecting against oil stains while boasting great coverage rate of 250-400 square feet per gallon.
Plus, its water-based formula has low VOCs so it’s safe for both you and the environment. And with a fast drying time of 45 minutes between coats, you’ll be done in no time – making this an easy one-day project!
Here’s the full scoop on this sealant:
- Cold Weather Warning : Make sure to check that surface temperature won’t dip below 50° for 48 hours before & after application – otherwise delay until another time as this will affect product effectiveness.
- Protects from Spills & Provides Weather Resistance : Keep your surfaces looking pristine from any potential spills or external elements with this powerful sealant that provides ultimate weather resistance.
- Great Coverage Rate : Cover up to 400 square feet per gallon – less applications required which means money saved and time spared!
- Low VOC Water Based Formula : Not only are you protecting your surfaces, but also our environment with this eco-friendly sealant encouraging friendly air quality without sacrificing performance.
- Quick Application & Dry Time: Get ready in a jiffy with DOMINATOR SG+’s Quick Start Guide and How To video guides outlining easy spray on application – plus, with an incredibly fast dry time between coats, it’s an easy one-day project!
- Prevents oil stains and other spills
- Ultimate weather resistance on surfaces including concrete pavers and decorative concrete
- Covers 250-400 square feet per gallon, per coat
- Water-based formula with low VOCs for easy application
- Fast dry time between coats (45 min.)
What To Look For When Buying the Best Sealer for Concrete Curbing
When it comes to installing concrete curbing, choosing the right sealer is a key factor in its longevity and overall aesthetic.
Sealers provide protection from weathering, staining, and other damages, and the right one will ensure that your concrete curbs look beautiful for years to come. This guide offers tips on how to choose the best sealer for your concrete curbing.
When selecting a sealer, there are several factors to consider such as the type of surface being sealed, environmental conditions, and cost. Surface type is important because different sealers react differently with various substrates.
For instance, some may not adhere well to porous surfaces like brick and cement board. Additionally, environmental conditions like UV exposure or humidity can impact the sealer’s performance; thus it’s important to select one that is designed for the desired application area.
Last but not least is the cost of the product; more expensive options typically provide superior applications and should be considered when selecting a sealer for outdoor projects like concrete curbing.
Before applying any kind of sealant to your concrete curbings, be sure you have properly prepared the surface by cleaning it thoroughly with a brush or power washer. This helps remove dirt, loose paint or debris that could prevent proper adhesion of the sealant upon application.
Additionally, don’t forget to check manufacturer’s instructions as these may recommend additional steps prior to sealing such as priming or etching processes which should also be completed prior to moving forward with sealing projects.
Once you have determined which surface you will be sealing along with any additional preparation processes needed before hand, you can then begin researching which type of sealer will best meet your needs based on factors such as durability level required, desired finish color or sheen level(if applicable) along with ease of application methods available.
The most common types of sealers available include penetrating acrylics/silicone-based products which are designed for both interior/exterior use and offer excellent waterproofing protection along with added UV resistance when applied properly.
Heavy duty epoxies/urethanes are designed for exterior use only and offer superior wear/abrasion resistance but often require higher skill levels within their application process; lastly solvent-based alkyds offer excellent gloss retention along with good exterior durability.
But, often includes a strong odor during installation which should always be taken into consideration if working in an enclosed space such as a garage or patio enclosure area where ventilation may need to be increased during their installation process.
After deciding on what type of product best meets your individual needs regarding usage area(interior/exterior), desired durability level(light duty/heavy duty)along with ease of application methods available make sure you read up on different manufacturer’s products specifications.
So that you can compare them against each other based on price point vs quality offered within their individual product lines so that you can purchase the right product that works within your budget requirements without sacrificing quality in order to do so ultimately leading into having successful long lasting results from your project investment!
Do I need to seal concrete curbing?
Yes, it is important to seal concrete curbing to protect it from the elements. sealing will help minimize the effects of moisture and other environmental factors such as dirt, dust, and oils that can cause staining, cracking, or chipping.
To apply a sealer, you should clean the concrete surface first before applying a protective layer of sealant. Sealing should be done every two to three years or when the existing sealant deteriorates or wears off.
How do you maintain concrete curbing?
Maintaining concrete curbing involves regularly cleaning and inspecting it for signs of damage. Cleaning should be done using a mild detergent with water and a stiff brush to remove any dirt and debris that has accumulated on the surface of the curbing.
Inspections should also be conducted regularly for signs of damage such as cracking, chipping, discoloration, and other forms of deterioration. Repairs should be done promptly if any damage is identified in order to prevent further damage from occurring.
How often should you seal concrete curbing?
The frequency of sealing depends on many factors such as its location (exposed to harsher elements), type of sealant used (chemical-based vs acrylic-based), and climate conditions (hotter climates need more frequent reapplication).
Generally speaking however, a good rule of thumb would be to reseal concrete curbing every two to three years or when existing sealing shows signs of wear or deterioration.
Epoxy sealer is unparalleled when it comes to sealing concrete curbing against the elements. It offers superior protection against UV rays, water damage, staining and fading. Plus, its easy application makes it an ideal choice for both DIYers and professional contractors alike.
All these features make epoxy sealer an all-round winner when it comes to safeguarding your concrete curbing from the wear and tear caused by harsh outdoor elements.
So if you’re looking for a durable and reliable solution that will last years while adding a beautiful sheen to your property’s curb appeal – look no further than epoxy sealer!